Teaching Arizona

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

ASU assignment

To My ASU Friends

I want to welcome you to my blog. I use this to connect with family that doesn’t live very close. It allows us to stay in contact. Please feel free to add a comment under this post so that I know you visited. Thanks!!!

Resources:
1. http://www.teachertube.com/
I prefer this website over youtube.com because I find it easier to find educational content on it. The videos have also been screened for appropriate content. I watched a video of a presentation for reading a “big book” in a first grade class that included ideas on centers, activities, and evaluation. I would also expect to find some videos of students observing a lesson that my students might enjoy, but I have not validated that yet.

2. http://www.lessonplanz.com/
A site that offers lesson plans is a draw for all teachers. I used it to search for a lesson plan for grade 3-5 on science. I chose to visit a site to review a lesson on trees. It covered objectives, activities, assessments, and associated resources. This could be a great place for any of us to find supporting lessons for our school’s curriculum.

3. http://teachers.net/
This site includes lesson plans, chat rooms on topics between teachers, mailrings between teachers. I selected a lesson on Kindergarten Reading and found a very interesting idea about using “vegetable soup” to let students copy letters until they can spell their own name with letters they have mastered. I am sure there will be other useful lesson plans, as well as these other features.

3 Comments:

  • Hi Alsion! Love the websites! I look forward to hanging out if we ever get free moment :) Jamie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:06 PM  

  • Wow! Those look like real teacher kinda sites. I think I'll stick to techie and photoie sites.

    By Blogger CrazyUncle, At 10:09 PM  

  • Hi Alison! So glad you already have a blog, looks like you've been busy with it, too!

    By Blogger Amanda, At 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home