Teaching Arizona

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Contract

ASU finally posted my degree after a few calls from me about it. They told me that each degree can take up to an hour to post and they had over 1000 education degrees to post. I couldn't get my contract until they had proof I had my masters so I convinced ASU to post it for me today since my job depended on it. A very nice lady told me it would be completed by 10:30 am and it was. So I officially have my Master of Education!!!! I sent all of my information to the H.R. department and was told they will call me about coming down to sign my contract. YEAH!!! Then it will be official and I will be a Kindergarten teacher.

Here is a basic list of what it takes to be a Kindergarten teacher.
Patience
Lots of Smiles
Knowledge of the letters and every sound they make
Patience
Understanding
Love to sing
Did I say Patience yet?
I'm sure the list will get longer.

I am excited to begin and as Uncle Keith pointed out I may not be posting as often as my Dad, Justin or Lindsay.

For the summer I am working two days a week as a childcare worker at my Mom's school. On Tuesdays we go to the pool and Thursdays we go on trips to museums or movies, etc. I will also be taking a class needed for my certificate. Not too much fun but also a nice relaxing summer. Much different than my last one.

1 Comments:

  • Congratulations on having officially received your Master's of Education! I am assuming that this qualifies you in the areas listed (including, but not limited to, Knowledge of the letters and every sound they make).
    But I am curious, in which Master's level course did you study patience?

    By Blogger Keith, At 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home